Sunday, September 16, 2007

Podcasts

The Yahoo podcast directory says listening to a podcast is like listening to the radio, and I did find this to be true. If you find a topic you are interested in, then a podcast is a fun, easy way to keep up with information. I don't really envision myself searching for or listening to many podcasts, unless it is something educational for work. I have watched and listened to several webcasts, but of course, those included the visual element. For me the visual element makes a difference in my ability to focus on the topic, even though most to the time the presenters in a webcast are fairly stationary. Using the yahoo podcast directory I did find some interesting author interviews, and this might be a nice addition to a library website. A quick google search shows that other directories, including podcast.net, and itunes, also provide nice indexes for podcasts.

No comments: