Sunday, September 16, 2007

Google Maps

I tried out Google maps but had a bit of difficulty. First, I assume the instructions mean to place a picuture of your library on the map, not actually make a map of our library. Placing a pointer and filling in the library's hours and website was easy. Adding the picture proved to be more problematic. I had to unblock the site, but the picture still shows up as a blank square. The actual picture does not show up even though I pasted the URL from Flickr. Does it have something to do with the fact I did not use Picassa? I will have to consult with someone else on the staff next week to see if I can make the picture appear.
On the Flickr website I was able to place one of my pictures on a map and this was quite easy to do.
Link to google map:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=33.932334,-117.944477&spn=0.000857,0.001808&z=19&om=1

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You need to have a msid= value in the URL if you want to be able to share a Google My Map. You can see some great examples of adding photos and other content on ongopongo.com. Google could really do a better job of showing people how to use the service.